Karelo Registration Deadline (for Mar Assessments): February 13, 2021
Deadline to Email YouTube Video Links(s) (1 per student): February 27, 2021 (Email video links to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Saturday, March 6, 2021 (Instrumental) | 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, March 7, 2021 (Instrumental) | 1:30 – 6:00 pm
Sunday, March 7, 2021 (Vocal) | 1:30 – 5:00 pm
Location: Virtual Event on Zoom. Teachers who have registered students will receive the link by email following the registration deadline.
Event Delivery: Live adjudication of pre-recorded videos.
Clinicians/Adjudicators: Joseph Ferretti (Instrumental); Amanda Kind (Vocal)
Note: Assessments originally scheduled for December 2020 were cancelled.
Registration is in two parts.
Part 1: Registration / Deadline: February 13
Teachers are responsible for registering their students via Karelo.com. Students and their families are not permitted to submit registrations directly.
Before registering, teachers will need the following information from each of their students:
- Signed PDF: ORMTA Media Release Form (Download Below)
Updated February 8, 2021 – Competitions: The Provincial Instrumental and Vocal application forms currently are unavailable. If you are entering students in these categories, upload a photo or pdf of a blank piece of paper as a placeholder. You will receive the relevant application forms by email once they are available.
Part 2: Submission of YouTube Video Link (1 per student) / Deadline: February 27
After teachers have registered their students, they should collect and email YouTube video links of their students’ Assessments performances to Rocco Signorile at email@example.com .
- All students are required to create 1 video only. A single video may contain multiple selections.
- No enhancements, splicing, or editing of recordings will be permitted.
- Performers should be visible from head to toe. Please ensure audio and video quality are adequate.
- Proper concert dress code is expected: no jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, etc.
- Students in Levels 8 and above are required to record all of their pieces in a single, continuous take in order to capture the spirit of a concert performance.
- Piano students who would like to be considered to move onto the Zone Competitions will need to record on an acoustic piano.
- Vocalists and Piano Accompaniment: Live accompaniment is highly encouraged when it is safe and permitted by law to do so. Room-dividing screens can be provided if required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain one. Accompaniment tracks will also be permitted if students are unable to record with a live accompanist.
Once students have recorded their selections, they should upload one video to their or their teachers’ YouTube Channels. The video needs to be marked “Public” or “Unlisted.” Students will need to share the link with their teachers, who will then forward it to Rocco Signorile: email@example.com .