Karelo Registration Deadline: May 8, 2021
Deadline to Email YouTube Video Links(s) (1 per student): May 22, 2021 (Email video links to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Saturday, May 29, 2021 (Instrumental) | 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, May 30, 2021 (Instrumental) | 1:30 – 9:00 pm
Sunday, May 30, 2021 (Vocal) | 1:30 – 5:00 pm
Location: Virtual Event on Zoom. Teachers who have registered students will receive the link by email following the registration deadline.
Event Delivery: Live adjudication of pre-recorded videos.
Clinicians/Adjudicators: Brett Kingsbury (Instrumental), Denise Williams (Vocal)
Pictured: 2019 Vocalists with Adjudicator, Loralie Vancourt (left); Level 9 Pianists (right)
Registration is in two parts.
Part 1: Registration / Deadline: May 8
Teachers are responsible for registering their students via Karelo.com. Students and their families are not permitted to submit registrations directly.
Before registering, teachers will need the following information from each of their students:
- Signed PDF: ORMTA Media Release Form (Download Below)
Part 2: Submission of YouTube Video Link (1 per student) / Deadline: May 22
After teachers have registered their students, they should collect and email YouTube video links of their students’ Branch Competitions performances to Rocco Signorile at email@example.com .
- All students are required to create 1 video only. A single video may contain multiple selections.
- No enhancements, splicing, or editing of recordings will be permitted.
- Performers should be visible from head to toe. Please ensure audio and video quality are adequate.
- Proper concert dress code is expected: no jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, etc.
- Students in Levels 8 and above are required to record all of their pieces in a single, continuous take in order to capture the spirit of a concert performance.
- Vocalists and Piano Accompaniment: Live accompaniment is highly encouraged when it is safe and permitted by law to do so. Room-dividing screens can be provided if required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain one. Accompaniment tracks will also be permitted if students are unable to record with a live accompanist.
Once students have recorded their selections, they should upload one video to their or their teachers’ YouTube Channels. The video needs to be marked “Public” or “Unlisted.” Students will need to share the link with their teachers, who will then forward it to Rocco Signorile: email@example.com .