Upcoming ORMTA events:
1. March 31 – Piano Masterclass (Dr. Brett Kingsbury) – Christ Church, 1700 Mazo Crescent (see attached for the program – audit for $20)
2. May 13 – Executive Meeting – Thuy Bach’s Studio. If you wish to join, please RSVP by email.
Upcoming ORMTA event deadlines:
1. May 25-26 – Scholarship Recital – registration deadline: April 13
2. May 26 – Branch Dinner and Branch AGM – 6:00 p.m. or immediately following the Assessments, Location TBD – SAVE THE DATE – please say you will attend, RSVP to this email by May 20.
3. May 25 – GTA Zone Competitions – registration deadline: May 1 (visit: https://ormta.org/gta-zone/)
4. May 26 – GTA Zone Masterclass – audition tape deadline: May 20 (visit: https://ormta.org/gta-zone/)
Facebook: We invite you to like and follow our Facebook page: search for ORMTA Etobicoke Mississauga or @ormtaetobicokemississauga. Please send your upcoming events or any other announcements (this is where you get to brag!) about your studio. Be sure to get permission from the students’ (parents) to post photos or names. Submit to Abigail Freeman: firstname.lastname@example.org or post directly on to our facebook page.
Scholarship Fund: Please donate to our scholarship fund. Income tax receipts are given out for all donations over $20.
Student Volunteers: Thank you to those teachers who have submitted names for volunteers for past Assessments. We can still take names of student volunteers for our Scholarship Recital in May. Please send me a list of your high school students who wish to volunteer –include their cell phone and email addresses as well.
OCTA Nominations – April 15th Deadline
All materials for nominations for the ORMTA Contribution to Teaching Award must be received by April 15th. More information can be found here. Nomination form can be found here. Questions? Email Amy Boyes at email@example.com
The next newsletter will be after the Executive meeting in May.
Lynne Oliver, President
Ontario Registered Music Teachers’ Association