Hallowe’en Recital – ONLINE!
The Etobicoke-Mississauga Branch of ORMTA gratefully acknowledges Aimee Gavin for initiating this wonderful event in 2012.
Registration Deadline: October 18, 2020
Sunday, October 25, 2020 | 2:00 pm*
Online via Zoom
Co-hosts: Rocco Signorile, Lisa Raposa
*Multiple events featuring video submissions beginning at 2:00 pm
The Hallowe’en Recital is open to young student performers, aged 13 or under. This year, for the first time ever, the shows will take place online! Students of Active Etobicoke-Mississauga ORMTA members are invited to video record themselves playing music in costume and upload their music to YouTube. The YouTube links will be shared online via Zoom. Co-hosts Rocco and Lisa will welcome everyone to the events, each of which will last between 30-45 minutes.
Who May Enter:
- Students, aged 13 and under, of Active Etobicoke-Mississauga ORMTA members in good standing.
Number of Pieces to Perform:
- Maximum two pieces (solo and/or ensemble)
Time Limit For Piece(s):
- Maximum five minutes total
Where To Upload Video Performances:
- One video per student uploaded to YouTube containing 1-2 pieces. Videos need to be labelled as either “Public” or “Unlisted.”
- $10 per student
- Be in costume!
- Announce your name and the pieces that you will play at the beginning of the video.
- Memorization is not necessary.
- Students are encouraged to perform repertoire that is:
- Photocopied music is NOT permitted.
- Students must provide their own accompanist (if applicable).
- A screenshot of everyone in attendance will be taken at the end of each program.
Teachers are responsible for registering their students via Karelo.com. Students and their families are not permitted to submit registrations directly.
Before registering, teachers will need the following information from each of their students:
- YouTube Video Link, labelled as “Public” or “Unlisted.” One video link per student.
- Signed PDF: ORMTA Media Release Form (Download Below)