The ORMTA Etobicoke-Mississauga Branch is pleased to offer a yearly Fun Afternoon Recital performance opportunity for all students! This is a fundraiser for our branch. The money raised will go toward the Student Scholarships, at the Scholarship Recital, on May 25-26, 2019.
Here are the details:
Date: Sunday, February 10, 2019
Time: 2:00pm -5:00pm
Location: Christ Church, 1700 Mazo Cres., Mississauga
Application Due Date: January 13, 2019
- Open to all students.
- Students may enter one solo performance and one ensemble performance. The time length of the student’s solo performance and ensemble performance must not exceed 2 minutes in length each.
- Instrumental memorization is not necessary.
- Students must provide their own accompanist (if applicable).
- Students and accompanists must arrive 15 minutes prior to show time.
- Students are encouraged to perform non classical, “fun” repertoire (ex. Modern music, contemporary Canadian music, pop, rock, jazz, musical theatre etc)
- Teachers should use the attached form to register their students for the recital.
$15 for each student doing a solo
$20 for each student doing a solo and an ensemble
$25 per family
*Teacher’s fee: $5 when attending; or $20 when not attending
- One cheque from the teacher and the form listing the students’ performancesmust be mailed to our Treasurer, Thuy Bach @ 3625 16th Sideroad, King City, ON L7B 1A3: Please make cheques payable to ORMTA Etobicoke-Mississauga Branch.
- Each family is to bring some PEANUT FREE Finger Food READY TO SERVE (ex. chips, veggies, etc.). If the food has dipping sauces, please make sure to bring along required utensils for your tray.
- Each family is also to bring one unwrapped donation for the raffle. Teachers, please kindly remind each family to bring the new prizes with proper working components.
- There will be a raffle of various gifts. Students must purchase tickets in order to participate in the raffle. The auction is CASH only so please remind students to bring adequate money. Raffle Tickets Cost: $5 for 3 tickets, $10 for 12 ticketsJ
- Each teacher with students participating must bring an unwrapped gift to donate towards the raffle.
- Each participating teacher must bring a bowl (or 2) of chips/pretzels/cheesies. Water will be supplied. (Teachers: please make sure to make note of your own bowls to bring home at the end).
- The performance is limited to 100 minutes on a first come, first serve basis, with three intermissions for raffle-ticket draw.
- Group picture of all the performers will be at the end of the program.
- On top of the raffle tickets purchased by cash at the Fun Afternoon Recital, Donations of $20 or more, from parents or teachers will be given an official tax receipt email. Please write cheqs to ORMTA Etobicoke-Mississauga, note at the bottom for Scholarship Fund. Please make sure to write down the detail information of full name, address, and an email address on the sheet provided at the Raffle Tickets table.